Recording with us
Want to be a guest on the program?
Do you have an interesting or unique story to share? Are you in a position of influence and have a message that serves an agenda relating to aviation or safety? We’re always on the lookout for original content. If you would like to record with us and have your audio included in Australia’s largest – and one of the world’s most popular – aviation podcasts, please get in contact with us.
Have you got content to share?
We’re always on the lookout for good, original and interesting content. If you would like to send us some material for consideration for inclusion into a Flight Podcast episode, consider the following as a guide.
- We prefer audio in MP3 format (96kb/s minimum)
- Try to use a headset with an attached microphone.
- Record in a nice quiet environment with minimal ambient noise.
- Get in touch with us and, depending upon the size of the audio, we’ll work out the best way of getting it to us.
- Try and minimise the number of “umms” and “arrs” and deep breathing during recording. We’ll edit it in post production but your assistance would be appreciated.
- Don’t add music and/or sound effects. We’ll do this ourselves if your content requires it
You have to be mindful that whatever you send us will effectively become ours and we’ll edit it to length or due to quality :) We’ll give you full credit and whatever link is necessary in the show notes.
Recording with us
If you’re a guest appearing on our program we ask that you take the following into consideration:
- Use a headset and microphone and record in a room without an echo or wooden floors.
- Try and use a non-wireless Internet connection. Plug your computer directly into your router if available. We cannot record using dial-up connections.
- Use the most up-to-date version of Skype.
- When recording, close other applications running (mail, Messenger etc) to improve upon performance.
- The faster your computer the better. Try not to use older laptops if possible.
- We may edit your audio but you’re absolutely entitled to listen to the recording before it’s made available. We’ll make any adjustments you suggest.
- If you don’t have Skype or a computer/Internet connection that supports it we’ll record over a landline telephone.
- We record at any time that is of convenience to you.
Any content you provide must be your own. We reserve the right to edit for quality and/or length but we will not alter the purpose of a conversation. Content is released under a limited Creative Commons Licence (basically, others may use portions with permission and appropriate attribution).
If you have any questions please contact us.